Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pang Kee 冯记 .......... Good Porridge stall in the East




This morning, at 9am, I travelled to the East with my wife, who's a porridge lover. When I reached the destination, I realised that Pang Kee 冯记 is a humble looking stall in Carlton Restaurant嘉登餐室 (a coffee shop). However, most of the people sitting in the restaurant are having porridge from their stall. 

My bowl of pork porridge (S$3). I like it that the porridge is not too dilute. You can still see traces of rice. Some make it too smooth that you don't see the grains of rice. The minced pork ball taste good. There's some sliced pig's liver but there's no sliced pork meat ..........


The dish of raw fish 西刀鱼 (S$3) with sliced red chilli and lettuce .........


Early morning patrons of Pang Kee ..........


Here's the place. Don't miss it! ..........


Cost : S$2.50 / 3.00 portions available

Address : 237 East Coast Road, Lorong Stangee, Carlton Restaurant

Country : Singapore

3 comments:

ice said...

I suppose this is Hainanese porridge like Soon Lee at Clementi where the grains are still discernible. Cantonese congee are the smooth kind.

Is this better than Soon Lee?

Slurp said...

I would say comparable. But the Soon Lee one is more value for money ....... There's not real queue at Pang Kee though. Why don't you go try it and tell me ........ haha

ice said...

heh it's too far for me to travel for porridge! I rather stick to Soon Lee. :)

How about trying Chai Chee in the East too since you're quite portable? I'm so dying to try it myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails