Friday, November 7, 2008

Tiong Bahru Mian Jian Kueh 中岜鲁面煎糕 .................. No Peanut Allergy allowed!




I liked this local delight since I'm young kid but until I'm going out with my wife 9 years ago was I introduced to what I considered a pinnacle for making this Peanut Cake 面煎糕. Tiong Bahru Mian Jian Kueh Stall 中岜鲁面煎糕 have been making this local snack since I knew Tiong Bahru Food Centre as a single storey congested food haven. The following are the characteristics of their good peanut cake;

1) the outer crust is crispy, especially the edge.
2) the texture of the pancake is tangy on the inside.
3) the generous serving of peanut between the pancake.



If you look inside the stall, they have a customised machine to grind and roast their own peanut. Maybe that's why this peanut pancake that they make is so fragrant.

Like many other peanut cake stall, they have coconut and red bean paste other than the peanut. After the years, they've also tried mixing all three into a pancake (3-in-1). It's a really unique taste.

............... 3-in-1 combo



I still like the original peanut cake best and will always ask to have slices that have the crispy edges.

There's another good peanut pancake stall in Tanglin Halt  (Tanglin Halt Original Peanut Pancake).

Cost : S$0.70 per slice/piece

Address : 30 Seng Poh Road, Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre, #02-34

Country : Singapore

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails